About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Vetsy is my nickname that my family have fondly called me since my childhood. My blog reflects my personal views about the world around me. My topics may be anything that interest me but the majority of it is about my favorite past times...nature and gardening. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment or becoming a follower.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Styrofoam head planter " Ebony"


These Styrofoam head planters can really become addictive because for one, they are easy to make and 2 the ideas for creativity are endless Google it and just see what you'll find.. You'd be amazed at all the unique and creative ideas that people have come up with.



 






My latest is Ebony.  I followed the same steps as I did with April rose, here's that link if you missed it. http://vetsysview.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html

 but this time I added a little green tint to the face by dabbing it with Acrylic green paint. 

  I had not decided as of yet what flowers to use in her head...  But my sister came up with this idea..  She happened to have a few chickens and hens and placed one in my foam head.... and I think I like it! 

I'll watch to see how she evolves as the plants take root and spread out... The great thing about this is that I can always swop it out if I don't like it...

Thank you for stopping by.... Do leave a comment I love to hear from you.




4 comments:

  1. I love the crown of hens and chicks. You have become very good at creating head planters. It is fun to watch their hair grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ann... I'm so addictive now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hens and chicks look like a crown! She's quite regal in her new headdress. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Casa..... These are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete