About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Vetsy is my nickname that my family have fondly called me since my childhood. My blog reflects my personal views about the world around me. My topics may be anything that interest me but the majority of it is about my favorite past times...nature and gardening. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment or becoming a follower.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

A dental date to remove a Wisdom tooth



What are Wisdom teeth? and what do they have to do with Wisdom? The answer to this question never concerned me until I had to have one removed.



They are often referred to as the third Molars by Dentist and are the last teeth to develop... By the time we are 18 they are developed completely,  thus by tradition is the time of maturity and wisdom".. Some of you may have developed these teeth with-out any incident.. I, on the other hand,  have developed them impacted! which means they did not come through... So on.. Monday April 26th around 1:30pm I will have my 2nd Wisdom tooth removed on the lower right side.

I hope it will not be a repeat of my first extraction on the lower left side in 2004... It was an unforgettable experience, but I decided not to share the details of that experience with you because my goal is just to let you know that I'll be absent for a while until my healing process begins...Not to scare you away from oral surgery. Lol! .....  

I look forward to returning to catch up on your beautiful gardens and other fun events you like to share.. Happy gardening and thank you for your well wishes!

 P.S...the photo above is from animated teeth.com which explains a little more about wisdom teeth with animated photos and written explanations..

 http://www.animated-teeth.com/wisdom_teeth/t1_wisdom_tooth.htm

9 comments:

  1. It's been a few decades since I had mine removed, but I did survive it. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and look forward to your posts when you feel up to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Deborah, a speedy recover is exactly what I'm hoping for! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vetsy, I hate the thought that you must endure any kind of dental surgery, but I've no doubt you'll be fine. My little Phillip had an abscessed molar pulled a few weeks ago and a spacer put in. It was a molar that had a crown on it.

    Be brave and be well and let us know how you are.

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vetsy,
    Sent you an ecard through a friend with the card account. Was not sure of your email address. An thinking about you and pulling for you - no pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you mya... that was so sweet of you to make that attempt...I did check my email, didn't see an ecard...But thank you for thinking enough about me to send one...

    To my relief The surgery was not as horrendous as my last, although the symptoms are practically the same "Oooo...

    I'm off to my Ice pack.. Thank you Deb, Donna, and Mya for your well wishes I feel better already"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your surgery wasn't as bad as the last one. I hope you're feeling better and at least have some pretty blooms to look at while you're recovering!

    (When I was 15, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed because they were all impacted. Had the surgery over Christmas break--not fun, but now I'm glad I got it over with!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bumble lush..Wow! all 4 at 15, I think that's a good age to get a handle on those suckers! because the earlier the better!

    I'm feeling a lot better this Morning and I go for a checkup tomorrow..Thank you for sharing your story and your well wishes.. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mouth goes through many changes in your lifetime. One major dental milestone that usually takes place between the ages of 17 and 21 is the appearance of your third molars. Historically, these teeth have been called wisdom teeth because they come through at a more mature age.
    implants course in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete