About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Vetsy is my nickname that my family have fondly called me since my childhood. My blog reflects my personal views about the world around me. My topics may be anything that interest me but the majority of it is about my favorite past times...nature and gardening. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment or becoming a follower.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010








Hey! Blogging  Backyard birdwatchers.. the Great 2010 Bird Count starts this Month help spread the word.
for more info go to....
http://www.birdcount.org


I had fun participating in the backyard bird count. 

Here's my list for February 12th 2010.

Downy Woodpecker - 1)   Black-capped Chickadee - 2)    White-breasted Nuthatch - 2)  Fox Sparrow -   House Sparrow - 50...Those darn House sparrows are taking over my yard!

February 14th:  American Crow - 4 spotted them in Harper woods)   American Robin - 40 saw these in Roseville Michigan outside of  a Tim Horton's.     On the 15th.. No new sightings.

I really enjoyed the bird count because it made me extra alert and I had spotted my feathered friends who I had not seen since 2007/08. The white breasted  Nuthatch couple I call Ben and Brenda was high up in a tree scouting for the black oil seeds that they must have planted in the bark during those years...I was happy to see them again.

I also looked for the return of my feathered friend the Red breasted Nuthatch....I named  Bandit.
He was fearless at my feeder and showed up around the same year in 2007/08..as  Ben and Brenda..
perhaps Bandit  will show up at a later date.

  I look forward  to participating  again next year.

2 comments:

  1. I need to pay more attention and read the directions for the bird count next year. I didn't know you included birds you see other places besides your yard. It sounds like you had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have fun.. I had to read the directions more then once to understand how it should be done..I was confused at first.

    ReplyDelete