About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Vetsy is my nickname that my family have fondly called me since my childhood. My blog reflects my personal views about the world around me. My topics may be anything that interest me but the majority of it is about my favorite past times...nature and gardening. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment or becoming a follower.

Friday, October 7, 2011

A few sites and sounds around the upstate


The Downtown Spartanburg Square, is a pretty place to sit....




To: walk...
























to meet nice people like....





 Sister and brother Mary Ann and Joe of Ohio. Mary is now a resident of Ducan South Carolina and has been so for at least 13 years. Joe was here visiting her and his former town, he told me that he had been away from South Carolina for 33 years.  Many people like myself, Marry, and Joe, have history in the south and are returning to our roots.

( Mary forgive me..I didn't know your eyes where closed )  I promise I'll take a better picture the next time.


Below: landscaping, statues, fountains.....









        Pink fountain water..."Oooo reminds me of strawberry jello before it turns into a solid.








There's cute little shops, stores, and restaurants, that I have not investigated yet.... But I will later.





Upstate forever... got to check it out too.. It's the place to go when you need to learn more about the upstate. The Upstate is a region of counties in the foothills of the Carolina's .




Below:  WHOLE FOODS MARKET of Greenville....It's a place where you can buy all sorts of goodies from organic herbs and groceries to this....


 Candle budda....



Handmade Local soaps......


And a TRADER JOE"S .... just a stone through away right down the street. One of the pluses I like so far about  living in the UPSTATE is that you won't miss many of your favorite stores... "Okay they don't have Kmart to my knowledge, or Kroger's....But you will find Walmart.... Lol!





Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment..

12 comments:

  1. I have been to Columbus, Mississippi, and that's about it for the South, other than Texas where my brother lives. You will be very happy back home. There's no place like home, as Dorothy tells the Wizard. So, Vesty, we look forward to learning all about South Carolina. Glad that your are thinking of your blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the t-rex sculpture! and those soaps look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ann..I'm trying to take the time to blog as much as possible while I have the chance.

    Thanks Emily: I like that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice place Vetsy. Love those sculptures. The lady and man sculptors are pretty fascinating. And everything look so clean there. Nice town!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as if you have found a great place to shop.
    I am so excited for you!
    I am looking forward to learning more about South Carolina
    through your eyes.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sherry... I love and appreciate all the kind encouraging comments everyone is leaving on my post...It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Vetsy, You make me think it's time I visited the Carolinas! Great photos. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of Spartanburg, but never been there. Thank you for the photo tour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Pam...

    Thank you Barbee..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vetsy, it hasn't taken you long to adjust to your new surroundings and make friends. But then....what's not to luv about you?

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna thank you..What a nice compliment.

    ReplyDelete